These Terms govern your access to and use of Meeriad Mobile Application, Meeriad social network features, including www.meeriad.co and all other network sites under the Meeriad domain (“Meeriad”) and any other online services (collectively, the “Services”) provided by us or our legal affiliates, including any content, functionality, features and applications offered on or through the Services to you as a guest or registered user of the Services (each, a “User” or “You”). The term “Device” refers to the device which is used to access the Services including but not limited to computers, smart phones and tablets.
Your access to and use of the Services is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Services.
When you order (“Order”) any Services, or otherwise use or access the Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms and all applicable laws, rules and regulations. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Services. From time to time, we may change or upgrade the Services, in whole or in part. You acknowledge that these Terms will apply to any such changes or upgrades.
I. Your Meeriad Username
a)Use of our Services requires a Meeriad username. You are responsible for keeping your password
secure. You affirm that you are either more than 16 years of age or possess legal parental or guardian
under the age of 18, or the applicable age of majority, may utilize the Services only with the
involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian, under such person's account and otherwise subject
to these Terms. b)Meeriad reserves the right to reclaim any username that has not been active for 3 months or
longer, violates any terms or conditions of these Terms or that was created for the sole purpose to
a)You may sign up as a registered user of the Services free of charge (a “Member”). To become a
Member you need to go to the relevant section of the Services, then submit your email address to us, and
create a password to be used in conjunction with that email address. You are responsible for maintaining
the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your Device. b)By placing an Order through the Services, you warrant that:
- You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts.
- All registration information you submit is truthful and accurate.
- You will maintain the accuracy of such information.
- Your use of the Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
c)You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account, password and other
User Information and for restricting access to your Device to further help protect such information. You
are responsible for updating your User Information. d)As a Meeriad Member you will receive access to certain sections, features and functions of the
Services that are not available to non-members. e)By agreeing to become a Member you opt-in to receiving occasional special offer, marketing,
survey and Services based communication emails. You can easily unsubscribe by following the unsubscribe
instruction in these emails. Memberships and subscriptions are not transferable and therefore cannot be
sold or exchanged or transferred in any way whatsoever.
III. Subscription & Renewal
Meeriad account holders may access the Services in two ways:
- "Basics" Free Trial: a free-of-charge membership, which gives unlimited access to limited features and content of the Services.
- Paid Subscription: a subscription fee-based membership, which gives access to all content including and beyond the "Basics" Free Trial. You will only have access to the Subscription content while your subscription is active and subsisting. You may have access to a free trial period of the Subscription Program in accordance with certain promotional offers. All subscription services provide access through the Services. You can become a subscriber to the Subscription Program by purchasing a subscription to the Services from the Website, within the Apps, where allowed by the App marketplace partners, or through a bundle with one or more of our bundle subscription partners. Please note that if you purchase a subscription through the Apple iTunes Store or our iPhone application, the sale is final, and we will not provide a refund. Your purchase will be subject to Apple’s applicable payment policy, which also may not provide for refunds. If you purchase a subscription through the Google Play store, the sale is final and we will not provide a refund. Your purchase will be subject to Google’s applicable payment policy, which also may not provide for refunds. If you purchase through one or more of our bundle subscription partners, the purchase may be further subject to the Terms and Conditions of such partners, and payment and management of the bundle subscription may be administered by them.
a)Meeriad offers different length of subscription options. For the purposes of our monthly and
yearly subscriptions, a month constitutes 30 calendar days and a year constitutes 365 calendar days. b)Our “Monthly” subscription is paid in monthly instalments. For each month that your monthly
subscription is active, you acknowledge and agree that Meeriad is authorized to charge the same credit
card as was used for the initial subscription fee or other payment method. The monthly renewal
subscription fees will continue to be billed to the Payment Method you provided, automatically until
cancelled. You must cancel your subscription before it renews each month in order to avoid billing of
the next month’s subscription fee to the Payment Method you provided. Refunds cannot be claimed for any
partial-month subscription period. c)Our “Yearly” subscription is paid for by an upfront one-off payment with automatic annual
renewals. You acknowledge and agree that Meeriad is authorized to charge the Payment Method used for the
initial annual subscription fee at the rate secured at the time of purchase, and the non-discounted
renewal subscription fee(s). You must cancel your subscription before it renews in order to avoid
billing of the renewal subscription fee to the Payment Method you provided. Refunds cannot be claimed
for any partial subscription period. d)Meeriad offers certain promotional pricing options (the “Promotional Pricing Options”). The
Promotional Pricing Options will permit users to access to the same content included in the Paid
Subscription; such Promotional Pricing Options shall only be available to qualified users (the
“Qualified Users”). To be considered a Qualified User, your information will be provided directly
Meeriad’s third-party verification system. Meeriad reserves the right to determine if you are a
Qualifying User in our sole discretion. e)You agree to promptly notify Meeriad of any changes to the Payment Method you provided while
any subscriptions remain outstanding. You are responsible for all applicable fees and charges incurred,
including applicable taxes, and all subscriptions purchased by you. f)In the course of your use of the Services, Meeriad and its third party payment service provider
may receive and implement updated credit card information from your credit card issuer in order to
prevent your subscription from being interrupted by an outdated or invalid card. This disbursement of
the updated credit card information is provided to Meeriad and Meeriad’s third party payment service
provider at the sole election of your credit card issuer. Your credit card issuer may give you the right
to opt-out of the update service. Should you desire to do so, please contact your credit card issuer.
g)Our obligation to provide the Services only comes into being when we take receipt of your
Order, and we confirm your purchase to you by email. We shall confirm your Order and send you an email
to confirm your access to the subscription purchased. Please quote the Order number in all subsequent
correspondence with us. You agree not to hold us responsible for banking charges incurred due to
payments on your account. If payment is not received by us from the Payment Method you provided, you
agree to pay all amounts due upon demand by us. You agree that you are not permitted to resell any
Services purchased through Meeriad for commercial purposes. h)“Gift Subscriptions” are pre-paid memberships to the Services. A person who purchases the gift
is referred to in these terms as the “Giftor”. A person who receives and redeems a Gift Subscription to
the Services is referred to in these terms as the “Recipient”. Gift subscriptions are paid for as a
one-off upfront payment. Once bought, the Giftor will receive an Order confirmation and receipt. The
Meeriad gift subscription will be sent to the Recipient on the Giftor’s specified date. Gifting codes
can only be used once in the country for which they were purchased and cannot be redeemed for cash,
resold or combined with any other offers, including free trial. Please note that gifting codes cannot be
redeemed if the Recipient has already purchased a subscription through the Apple iTunes Store or our
iPhone application, or the Google Play Store or our Android application. We will automatically bill the
Payment Method you provided for any purchased Gift Subscriptions at the time of purchase, not delivery.
There are no refunds or other credits for Gift Subscription that are not redeemed. Meeriad will notify
the Recipient prior to the end of the Gift Subscription that the gift period is about to expire. Meeriad
is not responsible if a Gift Subscription is lost, stolen or used without permission. i)We reserve the right to change our subscription plans or adjust pricing for our service or any
components thereof in any manner and at any time as we may determine in our sole and absolute
discretion. Except as otherwise expressly provided for in these Terms, any price changes or changes to
your subscription plan will take effect following notice to you.
IV. Materials of the Services
a)All materials (including software and all types of content) contained in the Services are owned
by Meeriad (or our affiliates and/or third party licensors, where applicable), unless indicated
otherwise. You agree and acknowledge that the materials are valuable property and that other than any
specific and limited license for use of such materials, you shall not acquire any ownership rights in or
to such materials. The materials may not be used except as provided for in these Terms, and any other
relevant terms and conditions provided to you without our prior written permission. b)The Services are not intended for your commercial use. Commercial advertisements, affiliate
links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed by us without notice and may result in termination
of privileges. You must not use any part of the materials used in or on the Services for commercial
purposes without obtaining a written license to do so from us. Material from the Services may not be
copied or distributed, or republished, or transmitted in any way, without our prior written consent. Any
unauthorized use or violation of these Terms immediately and automatically terminates your right to use
the Services and may subject you to legal liability. You agree not to use the Services for illegal
purposes (including, without limitation, unlawful, harassing, libelous, invasion of another’s privacy,
abusive, threatening or obscene purposes) and you agree that you will comply with all laws, rules and
regulations related to your use of the Services. Appropriate legal action may be taken for any illegal
or unauthorized use of the Services. c)You may not otherwise download, display, copy, reproduce, distribute, modify, perform,
transfer, create derivative works from, sell or otherwise exploit any content, code, data or materials
in the Services. If you make other use of the Services, or the content, code, data or materials thereon,
except as otherwise provided above, you may violate copyright and other European laws, as well as
applicable state laws and may be subject to liability for such unauthorized use. Meeriad will enforce
its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal
prosecution. d)Meeriad®, the Meeriad logo and all other Meeriad product or service marks are trademarks of
Meeriad. All intellectual property, other trademarks, logos, images, product and company names displayed
or referred to on or in the Services are the property of their respective owners. Nothing grants you any
license or right to use, alter or remove or copy such material. Your misuse of the trademarks displayed
on the Services is strictly prohibited. Meeriad will enforce its trademark rights to the fullest extent
of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
V. Cancellation of services
Cancelation by you:
- You may cancel a Monthly or Yearly subscription at any time. Cancellation is effective at the end of the applicable monthly or yearly period. Please make any such cancellation by visiting the dedicated section in the Services or directly by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may cancel our Yearly subscription earlier if you Order was placed within the 14 days free trial offer, which entitles you to cancel your subscription and have the full cost refunded to you up to 14 calendar days from your first date of payment, by emailing email@example.com. You are entitled to one refund only. After your refund, any future subscriptions will no longer qualify for the 14 days money back guarantee. No such refunds will apply to subsequent renewals of the Yearly subscription or subscriptions purchased through the Apple iTunes Store or our iPhone application, or the Google Play Store or our Android application.
- Please note that if you purchase a subscription through the Apple iTunes Store or our iPhone application, you may cancel your subscription by cancelling automatic renewal of paid In App Subscriptions by selecting Manage App Subscriptions in your iTunes Account settings and selecting the subscription you want to modify. If you purchase a subscription through the Google Play store you may cancel automatic renewals in account settings under Subscriptions in the Google Play app, or according to the current process outlined by Google Play.
Cancelation by us:
We may suspend or terminate your use of the Services as a result of your fraud or breach of any obligation under these Terms. Such termination or suspension may be immediate and without notice. A breach of these Terms, includes without limitation, the unauthorized copying or download of our audio, video or written content from the Services.
VI. Availability of Services
a)Even though we aim to offer you a highest standard possible for our Services, we make no
promise that the Services will meet your requirements and we cannot guarantee that the Services will be
fault free. If a fault occurs in the Services, please report it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will
review your complaint and, where we determine it is appropriate to do so, correct the fault. We may
suspend access to the Services while we address the fault. We will not be liable to you if the Services
are unavailable for a commercially reasonable period of time. b)Your access to the Services may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or
the introduction of new features. We will restore the Services as soon as we reasonably can.
VII. Responsibility of Registered Users
a)You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for all activity that occurs through your
username and all of your activity on Meeriad. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for
keeping your account information (including your access credentials) secret and secure. You shall not
sell, rent, lease, lend, transfer, license or assign your account, credentials, or any account rights.
With the exception of people or businesses that are expressly authorized to create accounts on behalf of
their employers, employee or clients, Meeriad prohibits the creation of accounts on behalf of other
persons or entities. Unless you are so authorized, you shall not create a Meeriad account on behalf of
any other person or entity. b)The Services may let you submit material to us (eg. upload a photo to your profile, post
subjects and comments in the community and comment on various matters in various parts of the Services).
You may be able to upload video, images or sounds. In these Terms, we use the term “User Content” to
refer to any publicly available material of any kind that you submit to us, including text, files,
images, photos, video, sounds and musical or literary works. You are entirely responsible for the
content and any liability resulting from or relating to that User Content or your conduct. c)User Content does not include the account information, Services purchase, or Services use
information which you provide in registering for and using the Services.
VIII. User information
a)To use Meeriad Services, you need to create an account. You are required to provide true,
correct and complete information about yourself (“User Information”) and make sure to maintain and
frequently update your User Information whenever necessary. b)In the course of your use of the Services, you may be asked to provide certain personalized
information to us This User Information may also include information from your Facebook and similar
social networking profiles if you accept to give us access to those information. Our information
collection and use policies with respect to the privacy of such User Information are set forth in the
and agree that you are solely responsible for the accuracy and content of User Information, and you
agree to keep it up to date. c)If Meeriad suspects that you provided incorrect User Information, or that you in fact provided
incorrect User Information, Meeriad has the right to immediately suspend or remove your account and
refuse further usage of the Services.
IX. User Content
a)This section 7 sets out the rights and obligations that each of us have in connection with User
Content. If you review or submit User Content, you are agreeing to do so in accordance with these Terms.
If you do not want to review or submit User Content in accordance with these Terms, then you should not
do so. User Content is not considered to be confidential. You agree not to submit any content as User
Content in which you have any expectation of privacy. b)We do not systematically review User Content submitted by you or other users. We are not
responsible for the content of User Content provided by you or any other user. We reserve the right, in
our sole discretion, to refuse to post or to remove or edit any of your User Content, or to restrict,
suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Services, particularly where User Content
breaches this section, and we may do this with or without giving you any prior notice. c)We may link User Content or parts of User Content to other material, including material
submitted by other users or created by Meeriad or other third parties. We may use User Content for our
internal business purposes, for example, to examine trends or categories or to promote, market or
advertise Meeriad. You acknowledge that we may indirectly commercially benefit from use of your User
Content. d)Each time you submit User Content to us, you represent and warrant to us as follows:
- You own your User Content or have the right to submit it, and in submitting it you will not be infringing any rights of any third party, including intellectual property rights (such as copyright or trade mark), privacy or publicity rights, rights of confidentiality or rights under contract.
- Your User Content is not illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, and does not encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, and does not give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise deemed inappropriate.
- Your User Content does not advertise any product or service or solicit any business.
- Your User Content does not identify any individual (including by way or name, address or a still picture or video) under the age of 18 and if User Content identifies any individual over the age of 18, you have that person’s consent to being identified in exactly that way in your User Content; and in submitting your User Content you are not impersonating any other person.
- You will not collect email addresses of users for the purpose of sending unsolicited email.
- You will not engage in criminal or tortious activity, including fraud, spamming, spimming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets or attempt to impersonate another user or person.
- You will not engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to alter our content.
- You will not, without authorization, access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, Meeriad’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Meeriad’s providers.
- Except as necessary to maintain your own computer security by use of commercial-off-the-shelf anti-virus or anti-malware products, you will not attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Services or any other Meeriad system or network or breach any security or authentication measures.
You also acknowledge that:
- You are solely responsible for your interaction with other Users of the Services, whether online or offline. You agree that Meeriad is not responsible or liable for the conduct of any User. Meeriad reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in disputes between you and other Users.
- You shall immediately notify Meeriad of any unauthorized uses of your username, account or channel, or of any other breaches of security by emailing email@example.com.
- By using Meeriad, you represent and warrant that your User Content and conduct do not and will not violate these Terms, infringe the rights of any other person or entity (including intellectual property rights and privacy rights), or violate any applicable law, rule, or regulation.
- By submitting User Content, you grand Meeriad an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide license to use, telecast, copy, perform, display, edit, distribute and otherwise exploit the User Content you post on the Services, or any portion thereof, and any ideas, concepts, or know how contained therein, with or without attribution, and without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity, in any manner (including, without limitation, for commercial, publicity, trade, promotional, or advertising purposes) and in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such User Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing without any payment of money or any other form of consideration to you or to any third party.
- If you delete User Content, Meeriad will use reasonable efforts to remove it from Meeriad, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the User Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
- Your use of the Services and User Content will not infringe the rights of any other party (including intellectual property rights and privacy rights) or violate any applicable law, rule, or regulation.
- Any Use by Meeriad of any User Content will not infringe the rights of any other party (including intellectual property rights and privacy rights) or violate any applicable law, rule, or regulation.
X. Prohibited Uses
You shall not use or access any of the Services:
- In any way that violates any applicable European, state or local law, rule, or regulation (including, without limitation, any intellectual property laws or privacy laws or laws regarding sanctions, or the export of data or software to and from Europe or other countries).
- In any manner that could disable, alter, overburden, damage, or impair the Services or Meeriad, or engage in any other conduct that restricts or interferes with any other party’s use, which, as determined by us, may harm Meeriad or Users of the Services or expose them to liability, including but not limited to transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive, malicious, intrusive, or disruptive nature intended to cause denial of service.
- To use the Services for any purposes related to scientific research, analysis or evaluation of the Services without the express written consent of Meeriad.
- To post unlawful, infringing, or other content not allowed under these Terms.
- To impersonate, attempt to impersonate, or falsely imply that you are associated with Meeriad, another User, or any other person or entity.
- To use, distribute, modify, create derivative works from, or copy the Services or any feature of the Services or any User account or Channel (including any User Content) in whole or in part, or decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code or underlying algorithms of the Services or any feature of the Services, except as may be permitted under any license applicable to the Services.
- To create accounts or access data (including User information) through unauthorized means, by using an automated device, caching, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper or any such weaponized capability intended as a malware threat to Meeriad.
- To attempt to gain unauthorized access, or permit unauthorized access, to the Services or any feature of the Services or any of our related systems or networks, or bypass any measures we take to restrict access to the Services or related systems or networks.
- To substantially replicate Services or services offered by Meeriad in an impersonating manner, including by republishing Meeriad content or creating a separate publishing platform.
- Without limiting any of the above representations or warranties or obligations, Meeriad reserves the right to, in Meeriad’ sole discretion, (i) reject or remove any User Content that, in Meeriad’ reasonable opinion, violates any term or condition of these Terms or policies of Meeriad or is in any way unlawful under the European Union law or any countries inside or outside of it (ii) ban and remove any channel that, in Meeriad’ reasonable opinion, violates any term or condition of these Terms or policies of Meeriad or is in any way unlawful or (iii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Services to any person or entity whose use of Meeriad and its Services is unlawful.
- In the event a User is banned due to the breach of these Terms, Meeriad will have no obligation to provide a refund of any kind including refund of any outstanding wallet amounts or amounts previously paid. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
XI. Medical disclaimer
a)Meeriad is a provider of online and mobile wellness content. We are not a health care or
medical device provider, nor should our Services be considered medical advice. Only your physician or
other health care provider can do that. While there is third party evidence from research that wellness
practices can assist in the prevention and recovery process for a wide array of conditions as well as in
improving some performance and relationship issues, Meeriad makes no claims, representations or
guarantees that the Services provide a therapeutic benefit. b)Any health information and links on the Services, whether provided by Meeriad or by contract
from outside providers, is provided simply for your convenience. c)Any advice or other materials in the Services are intended for general information purposes
only. They are not intended to be relied upon and are not a substitute for professional medical advice
based on your individual condition and circumstances. The advice and other materials we make available
are intended to support the relationship between you and your healthcare providers and not replace it.
We are not liable or responsible for any consequences of your having read or been told about such advice
or other materials as you assume full responsibility for your decisions and actions. In particular, to
the fullest extent permitted by law, we make no representation or warranties about the accuracy,
completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the advice, other materials and information published as
part of the Services.
XII. Geographic Restrictions
a)Meeriad is based in Europe and provides its Services for use to persons located all over the
world with the exception of those countries that are sanctioned by FPI (
b)Access to the Services may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you
access the Services from outside Europe, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for
compliance with local laws, though these Terms are governed solely by European law.
a)We will not be liable to you for any lack of performance, or the unavailability or failure, of
the Services, or for any failure or delay by us to comply with these Terms, where such lack,
unavailability or failure arises from any cause beyond our reasonable control. b)We will use reasonable endeavors to remedy faults in the Services. If we fail to comply with
these Terms, we will be liable to you only for the purchase price of the Services in question. In
addition, we will not be liable for:
- Faulty operation of computers during the registration process or during completion of a subscription or during the transmission of any data and/or for incorrect or overly slow transmission of data by the internet provider and/or any damage that occurs due to information submitted by you not being received by us or not being received promptly or not being considered, as a consequence of technical faults with our software or hardware (whether or not they are within or outside of our control).
- Any loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect your Device, computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by you accessing, using or downloading from the Services, or from transmissions via emails or attachments received from us.
- Any use of websites linked to the Services but operated by third parties.
XIV. Changes to This Policy
a)Meeriad has the right to modify these Terms at any time, so please review it occasionally. We
will notify you before we make any substantial changes and give you an opportunity to review the revised
Terms. b)Any and all material changes shall come into effect between you and Meeriad upon your
acceptance of such changes (e.g. by using Meeriad after such notification has been made to you or
renewing your subscription).